ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Jus Burger

Sundays are best spent lazing around, going to the market, or spending quality time with your family. My Sunday was spent at at sneaker freaker meet, hosted and organised by a friend from work. It was located where the South Yarra Sunday market was, that little warehouse in Oaks Place off Chapel Street. The sun was shining, everyone was looking so, so fine, and the day was simply splendid. To top it off, the three work amigos finally ate at Jus Burgers. I didn't take many photos, which is a shame, but there will definitely be another visit! There's a sign outside that says it's the "best burger, as voted by Foxtel", but it seems to me that Foxtel has yet to live. Their point is invalid.

Jus Burgers, however, had already opened several stores in WA. They blessed our Melbourne foodie streets with some delectable burgers. It is very riveting knowing that the food culture is being more embraced this year. It's a great thing for our stomachs and tastebuds, but not so great for the back pocket.

Fi ordered a simple, but delicious 'original beef' burger ($10)
It wasn't messy, and the beef was deliciously fresh.
I ordered 'the mullet' ($14), because I do love business in the front and party in the back. 
Just kidding, I love anything with bacon and egg and beetroot in it, it has seriously got to be my most favourite burger combination. If it has pineapple, EVEN BETTER, because I love pineapple.
I'm not going to lie, I did my enjoy my experience at Huxtaburger a lot better, the bun is a lot softer and more enjoyable to eat. The mullet is extremely difficult to manage, with bits and pieces falling out all over my plate. Surely eating a burger should not be such tedious work...

I don't want to gross you out, but there is also a kangaroo meat burger on the menu! I was a bit skeptical to try it at first, but I know I will one day. Apparently it's a healthy alternative, as it is high in protein and low in fat!!! Win. It almost feels illegal to eat a nationally recognised animal. It's like eating a koala... You just dun do dat.
^ Onion Rings, $5.50
I hate onions but I guess onion rings are okay. I just wished we ordered fries instead. And as you can see from the cow, that's how we were served. There were no table numbers or names, just an animal instead. Creative, hey?

Overall, I would probably rate Jus Burger's an 8/10. There was fast service, limited outdoor seating, and they are open until 4am on Fridays and Saturdays. Yep, you heard correctly. So when you're having a massive night out and you're getting the munchies, forget about McDonald's and tell your cabbie to take you to Jus Burger's.


Jus Burgers
Address: 364 Chapel Street, South Yarra
Contact: 9827 1318
Price Range: $

No comments:

Post a Comment