ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Little Creatures Dining Hall

^ LCDH by night. What a lovely image from the crafty pint 
I wish I had a high tech camera and knew how to take photos like that.
^ credits to the crafty pint for the two images above
I have been there on two occasions, the first time it was too dark to take photos because the constant flash would just drive everyone crazy. And the second time with the uni girls I forgot my camera and couldn't be bothered taking photos with my phone. 

^ soy chai latte.
I loveeeeee places that let you do ur own thang with your drinks. The latte was already brewed inside the teapot, it was just up to me and how much I wanted to pour it into my cup. 

^ lunch with the uni babes. 

I am so happy to attend ACU, for it is situated between Brunswick Street and Smith Street. Having everything at your disposal can have good or bad aspects. YOU CAN NEVER WIN.

Good: close to the city / work
Bad: in the city and not close to home
Good: Brunswick Street on the left, Smith Street on the right
Bad: Shopping overload!
Good: Surrounded by fantastic eating/drinking places
Bad: Surrounded by fantastic eating/drinking places which therefore means spending copious amounts of money on eating out... sigh :(

Little Creatures Dining Hall looks tiny on the outside and massive on the birds eye. It would comfortably seat hundreds of people, and it is always packed (for good reason). Good luck trying to get seats on Friday and Saturday nights because those nights are the busiest. It has a very feel good vibe and the music in the background is not too loud. I hate places that play really loud music when it doesn't necessarily have to. The light bulbs at the bar are beer cans! And there are free bikes (to borrow, ride, and return) at the front. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a relatively cheap eat. The menu is not mediocre, so be prepared to try something new.

Little Creatures brew their own pale ale and beer! Don't bother asking me what the difference is, because I have absolutely no idea. But from chit chatting with some friends who have tried it, the taste is like no other. I shall add it to my bucket list of things to try.

^ hoooooooo boy. Poached eggs on salmon on spinach on beetroot. 
The bread was a bit too tough for my liking. But everything was justtttttt right.

Little Creatures Dining Hall
222 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy 3065
(03) 9417 5500

1 comment:

  1. Wow the food looks amazing!
    Definitely have to try this place out sometime :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete