ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Lazy Moe's - Maribynong

Wow, what a wonderful day it was has been. Sundays are usually spent at home, cleaning my room or catching up on last minute tutorial work for the week. But today, it was spent with Giraffe, watching Madagascar, eating our hearts out, and watching cheerleading at MSAC. The sunshine was so lovely.

I drove my new car to Charlie's (dat place in Footscray)... only to realise that it opens at 5pm. I wasn't even aware of this! I was craving a huge steak for weeks now, so we went to the only alternative - Lazy Moe's. I was very disappointed that we didn't get to eat at Charlie's. However, Lazy Moe's was so cray cray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't been there since September 2011 (I had to look through old Facebook photos to find the date, my memory isn't THAT good...) because I was pretty disappointed at the time, so we never went back. Today our stomachs were screaming to be fed, and I will tell you now that we walked out with food baby twins. Lazy Moe's is not the fainthearted!

Good and bad things about Lazy Moe's:

Good: Massive Servings
Bad: Massive Servings
Good: Menu with everything that you can think of, with breakfast being served until 4pm
Bad: Rude menu if you do not have a sense of humour
Good: Fantastic iced chai latte, the best I've ever had!
Bad: Expensive drinks, large drinks can be up to $8 - they are massive though!
Good: Value for money, the prices are decent
Bad: No split bill if you're going in a big group

As you can see from the first two points, massive servings can be seen as a really really good thing, and a really really bad thing. If you KNOW that you do not eat a lot, then do not order a lot. Simple as that. I HATE IT when girls who have small appetites order heaps of food, then end up leaving half the meal on the plate. Think about people, especially children, in third world countries. If you know that you're not going to eat a lot, then share with someone or ask for a smaller portion. Do not waste food!

With that being said, Lazy Moe's has massive portions. We hadn't eaten all day and managed to leave some chips and salad left over, so it was a fair effort. I ordered a medium rare steak (they only have one, porterhouse) and it was tender,  but too bloody for my liking. I also wanted more mushroom sauce, but the taste of it was perfect! Cravings satisfied. Giraffe ordered the calamari main, where he was given a mountain of calamari placed on top of a mountain of chips. His stomach just expands every time he eats (because he is a giraffe and he needs a lot of food because sometimes it gets lost in his long neck), but this time around he felt full from all the food, which was a first!

^ September 2011 date with our token couple back in the day.
Fish and chips with a standard coleslaw salad.

^ Steak sandwich on the left and delicious and fulfilling nachos on the right.
As you can tell, one year late and the portion sizes still haven't been reduced. 

^ Picture of both meals. If we had more time, I probably could have finished off the chips and salad... fat life argh!!!!!!!!!
^ Calamari main, $19.90
^ Porterhouse steak, medium rare. $27.90 
This price is extremely cheap, especially for the portion size and the delicious tasting mushroom sauce. If you go anywhere else, it would be at least $25-$35 and the portion would definitely NOT be this big and scrumptious!!!
^ Instagram: badasiandriver - follow me ;)
^ Saving the best until last. THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST ICED CHAI LATTE I HAS EVER TASTED IN MY LIFE!!! I've had my fair share, the worst one being this joint on Brunswick Street which was too horrible to describe. Lazy Moe's has iced coffees, chocolates and chai lattes for only $5, and as you can see they even come with wafer sticks! Lovely!!!


Lazy Moe's are fortunately located in many places such as Forrest Hill and Tullamarine, but the one we went to was in Maribynong

Lazy Moe's 
401-419 Gordon Street, Maribynong VIC 3032
(03) 9318 5662

No comments:

Post a Comment