ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

The Little Royal

"A la Folie" means "I love you madly" in French 
- taken from their website

After having a bagelicious lunch at Jungle Juice Bar, a dear friend and I decided to indulge ourselves with some macarons (there is always room for dessert). Whilst walking to La Belle Miette, we walked through the Royal Arcade and stumbled across The Little Royal - a kiosk / permanent stall that sold macarons!!! We originally went to Lindt Cafe on Collins Street, but I'm not a huge fan of Lindt macarons, especially after they removed the apple cinnamon flavour from their range... They're not that great anyways. I hate crumbly macarons.

We bought four fantastic flavours: coconut, matcha with redcurrent filling (my personal favourite), vanilla with caramel filling and opera coffee chocolate. They were excellent but the opera coffee was a bit too rich for my liking.

I wanted to try the large macaron desserts ($8.50) but they don't look as good and as nicely crafted compared the huge macarons at Luxbite. I definitely would recommend this place for a quick fix of sugary goodness.

Very interesting flavours!!! Will have to try them all one day :)


The Little Royal / il Picollino Reale
The Royal Arcade
335 Bourke Street Mall
Melbourne 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment