ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Family Is Love

This blog has always insinuated that food is love... and my only love. But beyond my love for the amazing food that I have been privileged to eat, I have an undying appreciation and high regard for my FAMILY. I am pretty ashamed that I have had this food blog for several months now, and didn't even think twice about including my beautiful mother and sister. They are the most astonishing and compassionate women/chefs/carers in my life. I guess dad is too... but he doesn't cook much and mum likes to keep it that way because I inherited his lack of talent in the kitchen :(

The images that I have uploaded below are obviously a tiny fraction of the meals that they have actually cooked. It was hard sifting through iPhoto to find photos, but I tried my best to pick the best ones. Through my 19 years of breathing, both my sister and I went to the same primary school and high school, and have been constantly been commended by our peers about my mother's food. She's known for her delicious dumplings, spring rolls and fresh tasting fried rice. But that is not it. We used to receive calls at 8 in the morning... her friends trying to contact her asking her about what ingredients to buy for this meal and how to prepare that meal. If that doesn't scream out LEGEND IN THE KITCHEN then I don't know what will.

Put it this way: if mum could speak fluent English and entered Masterchef, the competition would be deemed over as soon as Matt Preston and the other two fatties tried her food. The series would be over in the first episode and my mother would be on the front page of every newspaper and book for being the best chef in the entire life of the Masterchef series. My beautiful mother IS the MASTERCHEF. I'm sure your mother is a great cook too, I guess.

As for my sister, when she moved out, both her and her husband became creative in the kitchen and fortunately I was always invited over to try the food. One day they'll call me over for risotto, another day they'll call me over for a steak sandwich. Whatever the meal may be, they know how to host a ridiculously good party. The hostest with the mostest = my sister.

^ seafood risotto w/ mussels and lipton peach tea
^ my beautiful mother about to fry the butter chicken for the rice paper rolls
^ the most exotic tasting toastie i have ever tasted. no joke.
^ steamed barramundi fish, my favvvvvvvourite!!!!!!!!!!!
^ blessed to have mum make me this for days that i'm not feeling top notch
^ vegetarian feast!!!!!!!!!!!! oh boy *drools*
^ le steak sandwich, the best!!!!!!!!!!!
^ hot pot bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ rice noodle soup with duck and roast pork.
^ last but not least, crispy salmon with sweet potato mash served with the freshest veggies. this one time I was at Mocha Jo's and had the salmon which was not at all on par with my sisters. Disappointing $30 meal. My sisters cost $35 to make three.

No comments:

Post a Comment