ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

PATS The Philly Way

There was once a young man who laughed at me for ordering a steak sandwich.

"Steak and sandwiches do not go together...", he said. 
"Steaks are better alone", he said. 

I ignored these remarks and adamantly thought to myself that I will, and always will, love steak sandwiches. My love has been reaffirmed the second I stepped into PATS, The Philly Way , located on the end skirts of Bridge Road. Grill'd is two doors down from PATS, and although Grill'd may be a franchise, it does not stand a chance in terms of the quality of food and hospitality. We were greeted by a menu with an extensive list of steak/cheese/chicken sandwiches and a sweet couple who own the amazing joint. With the shock of the earthquake (which I did NOT feel at work), the owner made good conversation that secretly left me laughing with stitches. You do not receive this type of warm hospitality elsewhere, especially not at Grill'd. It was the type of treatment that I needed after a long night at work. They were still really cheery despite us arriving an hour before their closing time (10:30pm is the time they close, definitely good for late night cravings)! The environment and interior of the restaurant is nicely decorated with the theme colours being blue and orange! Everything was clean, organised and interesting to observe, especially the ceiling (third picture below). Try to look at the menu before you go in because you will look like an imbecile standing in front of the cash register with your jaw dropped and drool coming out of it because everything sounds spectacular!


I ordered a Bello Vitello steak sandwich which had eggplant, rocket, pesto among other delicious ingredients that felt like a party in my mouth. We also ordered Philly Hungry (Large chips) and later on received complimentary dipping sauces. It's these businesses that give you an extra warm feeling when you eat (I have felt this in several places such as LuxBite, Jungle Juice Bar and a local pizza place). I was extremely thrilled/happy/content/excited/in love with the burger, although they could have used a little bit less pesto. There was a lot of rocket which I larvvveeee and the chips were crunchy but not burnt, a really good thing to look out for! Tomato chutney and aioli dipping sauces were divine and at a mere $1 each, you definitely must buy them to add with your chippies!



Hospitality and the way that workers/owners approach their customers is so important because our perceptions can be altered so quickly. Word of mouth spreads around rather rapidly, so I really do hope my readers will try this place out and send me some feedback about what they think of the restaurants I post on my blog! I would especially love to hear some feedback about PATS because I had such an amazing experience and I endeavour to go back and eat everything on their menu at some stage! And since the earthquake occurred today, I'm going to attempt to make a joke and rate this place 9.9 on the richter scale of my stomach. Are you cringing? I'm so sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment