ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Korean BBQ Restaurant Box Hill

FINISHED. Beyond ecstatic. Many drunken antics. Probably more boisterous than I already am in my current state. This is me, having finished exams which ultimately means having reached a milestone of 'half way through my commerce degreeeeeeeee'. Can you not see the smile and joy on my face?? (And can you also see the high quality photos compared to my damn iPhone!!!)


It really isn't a celebration unless there is food - and plenty of it. We went to celebrate like korean kings with korean BBQ... the name "KOREAN BBQ RESTAURANT BOX HILL" is really unique as you can tell. The food was really sub par but Seoulia was closed at the time, so we had no other choice. The images below display all the FAT on the meat which I was really disappointed about. The service was relatively fast and the waiters were really sweet. $29.50 per person for all these dishes AND ON THE MENU WE WERE MEANT TO GET ICE CREAM BUT DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually didn't realise this until I was driving away thinking to myself WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL, ROLLING IN ICE CREAM. I guess on a good note, we did have an option of ordering rice with beef/seafood or soup. That's a different aspect compared to other higher end Korean restaurants that I have been to. AND if you check in on the book of face, you get fwee soju or beer but we were both driving so this was not happening :-(


4 comments: