ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Bopha Devi, Docklands


Aha! Finally new month to look forward to. Can you believe we're caught the mid year bug already? So much for the world ending in 2012... *touches wood*
Apart from starting my examinlametions tomorrow, I highly anticipate being able to try many new and exciting places during these upcoming holidays. All the places have been listed in this trusty Marbig food diary, so keep an eye out as I will be updating v. v. v. frequently :-)



Today I will be sharing my lovely experience at Bopha Devi, located in Docklands. If you're looking for something refreshing and largely portioned, this is your safest bet. Expect high prices but you get your moneys worth because the food is delish! I do not eat Cambodian often (although I should because half of my roots is from that country) but Bopha Devi in Docklands is cosy, warm and has wonderful presentation in terms of the food. There is one located in Yarraville but it is A LOT smaller and the menu is slightly different which was really annoying when I was ordering on Saturday night. I guess it's always good to try something new every now and then.

The main reason why we went there was because it was my beautiful fwend's 20th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A big, sloppy kiss and happy birthday to Joanne!!! You can find her here; she doesn't blog ver often, but when she does it is definitely worth reading. Pictured below are the three gorgeous J's with their fried rice, tofu curry and chicken rice salad.



The fry rye (pictured above, no. 30 on the menu) was definitely a winner. I don't really like vermicelli when it's not in watery/soupy substances. So the picture below was a bit bland for me. The fry rye had all the right ingredients, cabbage, carrots, chicken, bean shoots and egg. As if the sound of these put together isn't enticing enough! The service was fast as well, considering we had around 20 people seated for Jo's and the rest of Bopha Devi was full house! That's always a good thing to look out for when you're in a restaurant, try to check their ratings before you go. I remember having to wait for an hour at a uni restaurant, only to find out that they completely f*ed up our order! Never going back there again (*cough* eagle bar in Latrobe). 


As you can tell from the nicer quality of my photos, I have gotten my trusty camera fixed (luckily within a mere two weeks, tyvm Canon!!!). I'm so happy that I don't have to take photos on my iPhone anymore! But this really only means that I'm back on board of the 'asians constantly taking photos of their food' bandwagon! Woooohoooo! I ain't got nothing to be ashamed of... apart from my bulging appetite and constant cravings for food.  P.S happy birthday Joanne!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment