ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Touche Hombre

Despite the sudden outburst of all these EL MEXICANO restaurants in Melbourne... I was very excited to try out the new Touche Hombre (located on the corner of Lonsdale Street and Tattersalls Lane).

If Mexican food was among other options to eat, I probably wouldn't pick it first. But why am I blogging about it?
Because the atmosphere was dark yet inviting and the food was like a delicious explosion of Mexican in your mouth. It would be considered as 'tapas' more so than a meal, so you're probably more than likely to order more than one taco (but be careful because they will add up). The menus are on the back of cardboard pieces, the beverages are served in glass jars (except for the strawberry and apple juice that I ordered which I was very upset about) and the cutlery and napkins are organic? Yeah I'd say so... they are made out of wood and brown and trees so it's environmentally friendly, something to look out for when you're at a restaurant!

After eating all of the refreshing 'snack sized' food, we were way too full for dessert but Touche Hombre has a selection of ice cream sandwiches that I heard are quite the bombdiggity! I will probably post another post about this restaurant in the future because I definitely will go back!


strawberry and apple juice
Fish Taco and Refreshing salad with bean shoots and lettuce.
Mussel dip and nachoz
Grilled chicken taco.


No comments:

Post a Comment