ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

LuxBite ♥


"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Ernestine Ulmer 


LuxBite. One word. A hundred thoughts and emotions of happiness and a helluva lotta drool. Located on Toorak Road, it is a small and quaint cafe that is recognised for their amazing macarons and cakes. Although the sweets are beyond amazing, I have tried the savoury food as well, it's different, I quite liked it. You get to choose your own menu, spinach/pumpkins/salmon ... everything you can think of! But stick to the desserts, they are much better. I know, I know, you probably think that macarons and whatnot are overrated but when something is so delectable, you really can't consider it in that aspect.

LuxBite have taken an amazing spin on macarons and created ones as big as NICKI MINAJ'S ASS. Just kidding. But no really, they are so amazing and the filling is the perfect amount of sweetness and there are fresh fruit to suit.

I love places that have a story behind it. People who have create something out of a mere dream. People who did something good with their lives. People who can take to their graves that they've done something for the better, or changed someones life. People who open sweet shops with the most AMAZING desserts... *standing ovation*

Don't order the iced chocolate because as you can see from the image below, it's a mug of milk with a blob of chocolate and it's so hard to mix, and therefore hard to drink. Just stick to water to clean out all the sugar from the sweets :-)


2 comments:

  1. I've been to melbs a few times now but ive never been here (unbelievably) defs need to go for that watermelon macaron (im assuming that's what it is =P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh it's seasonal! When it comes back I will let you know, and you need to book tickets to Melbourne ASAP!!! Haha it was delicious, lychee pieces and everything :)

      Delete